Tuesday, January 08, 2008

We all enjoy those moments of quiet contemplation in the bath........

One of our New Years resolutions was to be more diligent about keeping up our fabric books. I have found mine to be invaluable when I want to know how old a fabric is, where I bought it, whether it's the right colour I'm looking for without having to rummage through the drawers.

If I wanted to I could write how much I'd bought too, but over the last 6 months I couldn't even get round to sticking the pieces in.

So I dragged out piles of new fabric and began cutting little snips, ready to stick into the pages. I also had a pile of little orphan and stray blocks sitting on the table and I began to idly wonder what some of the fabrics would look like if......... Another ufo finished!

The blocks are tiny, only 5", and it was the work of about an hour and a half to get this in one piece. It's vaguely Christmassy, so I'll quilt it and put it away for next year.Sometimes I surprise myself, I had no intention of doing this when I started sorting my fabric book. Does this just demonstrate my lack of focus, even though I have a finished top to show for it? Who can say?

14 comments:

Donna January 08, 2008  

good for you getting those orphans tidied up! Whether it was what you started to do or not, it is a project that needed your attention :-) Or that'd be my story!!

Tazzie January 08, 2008  

What a gorgeous little quilt top you finished up there. You have some amazing secrets hidden in your stash. I may just be suffering from stash envy!
*hugs*
Tazzie
:-)

Patti January 08, 2008  

If it shows a lack of focus, my response is who cares when it reseults in such a marvelous little quilt! I think this is what is called serendipity, wouldn't you say?

Paula January 09, 2008  

I gave you an award on my blog today. Come by and visit!

meggie January 09, 2008  

No no, dont look at it as lack of focus!
Think of it as sudden inspirational creativity!!
It is so sweet.

Mac knows the secrets of the Universe.

Anonymous,  January 09, 2008  

that's a great quilt and a nice lesson about waiting for just the right fabrics to find each other.
good job!
pdudgeon

Floss January 10, 2008  

Looks like the pool is getting lots of use. The little quilt top is darling.

Diane January 10, 2008  

I wanted to let you know I come to your blog daily and always have a great time looking at your quilts. Thanks!

julieQ January 11, 2008  

Cute!! You did a great job of pulling it all together into a beautiful whole!!

JulieQ

Shelina January 11, 2008  

I'm so impressed with the amount of things you have accomplished lately - all those bindings, all those quilt blocks used up. You are my inspiration!

So sorry about that puzzle. I looks lovely, and I was envying you having it, since mine is only 3 feet, but how awful for it to be missing pieces! I would definitely write to the manufacturer.

Quilty Cat January 12, 2008  

Cute picture of In the bath!
I've always been impressed by Keryn's and your fabric books. Must appeal to my "Virgo" mind! I love it when I find a docket tucked in fabric that tells me where, when and how much. I think I need a fabric book! Is it like a scrapbooking album? I guess the paper needs a certain amount of strength so it remains unwarped.
Carmel

Karen January 27, 2008  

I really like your little 5" blocks.

Diane February 04, 2008  

How could you bear to have these orphans just lying around? (That's a rhetorical question. I have my share of UFO's, believe me) The quilt is charming!

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP